Subject: Re: [Leica] the new kid on the block and question #1
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 1999 22:54:38 +0100

>GERALD HAUSSLER wrote:
i've always wondered what the difference between the 90MM tele-elmarit and
the 90MM elmarit was.

At 17:35 05/01/99 +0100, "Martin V. Howard" wrote:

The tele-elmarit is a true telephoto design, short and more compact than
the elmarit.  There are two versions of the tele-elmarit: the second
verison lost an element and shows more contrast in the pictuers, according
to the LUG.  It is generally agreed upon that the latest
Elmarit is the best.

>M.

I have owned both the lenses and I confirm your comparative estimate.But,
in practice, the differences are hard to observe, excepting at 2.8.
Today I have neither of them, but a summilux 75. Sometimes I regret the
tele-elmarit in consideration of weight and dimension.

Dominique Pellissier