Subject: [Leica] Re: Introduction, Project '99
From: Jim Colburn <jc60714@navix.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 22:32:04 -0600

Hello-
	thanks for the on- and off-list replies.
Kent wrote-
>To Jim, the part-time guy!
>	Hey, you didn't buy my old F3 did you?!?? ha!  Living here in Blair,
>NE-- where in eastern NE are you stomping around????
	NW of Seward.
>I also, as a side, remember looking in the 'popular photography' mags
>while in study hall and seeing the name "leica" in the large store
>camera ads-- always followed by a "CALL FOR PRICES".
	Hey, I am STILL there!

Dan wrote-
>If you can fold a bellows,
	I am already regretting admitting that...
>AND you drink Scotch and have a Summilux
>anything, you are welcome to the fray....
>And who said this off topic stuff doesn't have a real purpose? It's to lure
>the lurkers into our tangle web of dementia!
	Naw, you just wanted to know who had what goodies!

 And Greg Locke wrote-

>Go find yourself a "cheap" (reletivly) M body and enjoy the lens.
>Mine beats the crap out of my Nikon 35/1.4.
	I am still trying to figure out why a 35mm lens is there-its not quite a
normal lens, but it is too narrow to be a wide angle...cute little thing
tho...
	As for buying a (relatively) cheap M body-if the M3 came with a built in
light meter I'd have one already!  The M6 is pretty cool, but not exactly
what I want.  Haven't tried an M5 yet.
	In three weeks I will be the same age my father was when he died-I've
always promised myself I would grow up then.  Aside from going back to
school, sometime this year I will probably get a new camera-either a Leica
or a large format.  I really like those 4x5 negs, but I'm not sure I would
use it enough to be worth the bother right now.  The Leica I would.
	Ironically, if I get a Leica I will be buying it with funds earned with
the Nikons...
	Project '99-there is a lake surrounded by trees about 2 miles east of
here.  I went out and tripped the shutter twice-the lake, the trees,
starlight off the snow...temp was -11 F, winds were about 30-40mph.  Of
course, I was using Kodak TechPan-25...tomorrow I may shoot pictures of
frostbite.  I'm still not warm.
Jim