Subject: [Leica] Introduction
From: Jim Colburn <jc60714@navix.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 19:53:03 -0600

Hello-
	I have been lurking here for a little while, listening and learning about
Leica M cameras.   I've hesitated to post, as I felt there was little I
could contribute-but with the recent thread on beverages, I decided to
introduce myself.
	Mostly, I use Nikons-especially my beloved F3.  I've asked to be buried
with it.  Between happy-snaps and the work I do for myself and others, I
probably shoot 300+ rolls of film a year.
	Until today, I wasn't a Leica owner, but things work out strange
sometimes.  About eighteen months ago, a friend laid down his Beezer on the
way home from a camera show-spreading his view camera across the pavement.
He brought it to me in two bags, and I spent a year rebuilding it (and THEN
discovering you can buy new bellows!).  This evening, I received my
compensation, and an 8x10 Burk and James he wants me to rebuild.  He
brought me a 24mm lens for the Nikon, a 65mm Nikkor for the large format
camera I will eventually get, and some chrome thing called a "Summilux"
(35mm F1.4).  Does that mean I am a part-Leica owner?  Can I get an adapter
to use it on my F3?  ;-)
	I have to confess I have been shooting my Project '99 pictures with a
Nikon-but I DO carry a flask of Oban in the camera bag....
In the cold, windy wilds of eastern Nebraska
Jim Colburn