Subject: [Leica] Luftwaffen Leica - Help with Identification
From: JOHN COZ <johncoz@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 22:35:15 -0500

B. D. Colen wrote:
, are their certain items that we should
> neither invest in nor profit from? For instance, would anyone on the list
> collect a human skin lamp shade?

That's rather a facile leap.  I was not offering a Jew-skin Leica to the
highest bidder.  I was looking for information on a family treasure.

Please consider these questions:  Should we not marvel at a pyramid
because it was built by slave labor in the service of a tyrant?
Should we shun antique Colt firearms because they were instrumental in
the subjugation (some would say genocide) of the aboriginal Americans?

"Just a thought."

Perhaps Mark Hammons said it best:

Addressing the issue of the propriety of collecting WWII
Leica equipment, I believe that most folks that do so do so
out of making their collection more "complete"...  I don't think
anything more than Leica Collecting Fever is to blame for the interest
in wartime equipment.

John Coz