Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] Luftwaffen Leica - Help with Identification
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 11:12:23 -0600

>I wonder why more Jews don't shun German cars/cameras????

Maybe because if we shunned those who committed any kind of atrocities, we
couldn't buy not only Leicas, Rolleis and the like, but Canons, Nikons,
Pentaxes and even Zorkies. Or Seagulls for that matter. And American
Indians couldn't buy Kodak film.

Where does it end? When those who are building the cameras now are not
monsters, at least, I would think in those terms. The latest Leica
Photography has a very interesting explanation for Leica's position on the
suit from last Summer. I thought they were very thoughtful, generous even,
honest, and not nearly as quick as some of us (Me included) to give a
knee-jerk reaction.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Pi R Squared? No Pi R round, Cornbread R Square!