Subject: Re: [Leica] Value Added and Nazi Cameras
From: Patrick Giagnocavo <pgiagnoc@qi.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 1999 11:39:22 -0500

Jeffrey Hausner wrote:

> As a Jew and a Leica user, I have thought about these matters.  One thing

This is an emotionally charged topic.

The big problem seems to be the question of motive.  This is very
hard to discern in someone else.  Is it a too-morbid fascination, or
just someone interested in rarities?

Some people collect Egyptian artifacts, yet we know that these
people were very bad as well, keeping slaves, killing the Hebrew
children because of worries about their population growth and a
possible uprising, etc.

So how far back do you go?

My opinion is that I will not collect such things, but will assume
that the people who do are interested in the rare or historical
aspects rather than the Nazi aspect.  IF the person is a neo-Nazi
type this will come out during the course of a conversation with
them anyways.

./patrick