Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V5 #84
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 1999 16:09:17 -0800

Alexey wrote:

>My goal is to end up with at least 52 real keepers, at least one a week.
>
>Who knows what today will bring?>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Alexey,

Good way to look at it, 52 keepers? Certainly a realistic number out of 365
one a day frames.

The whole idea is to give everyone a real reason to find something that
catches their eyes and emotions. It's not a make work project, it's
supposed to be a "Make fun" project. :) If you carry your Leica where ever
you go just as you wear your clothes, so goeth your Leica over your
shoulder! And you'll find all kinds of the simplist of meaningful subjects
that take but a moment. Actually if you're really cool about it, you might
add another aspect to the challenge...

You get "15 days" on one roll of film.  That means you allow yourself 2
frames per situation. with a few spares for emergencies.

A lot of folks wont go out and take pictures unless they really have to.
Unless there is a challenge, it's much easier to say, "well not to-day dear
I've got a headache!" and do nothing. And trying to play catch-up picture
time in the middle of the summer sure takes the fun out of the project.

oh well, we'll see who the stalwart Leica people are come 362 days from now.:)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant