Subject: Re: [Leica] SM Leicas
From: "Terry Price (Edgecombe-Coles House)" <terry@free.midcoast.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 15:45:45 -0400

Like Kent and Bob I like to use an LTM camera. My first Leica was a IIIc
and I now have a IIIf. I got it with the flat Leica fitted leather case,
complete with several lenses, hoods, a self timer and meter, half a dozen
filters, an imarect finder, an Imarect viewer and even a Leica cable
release. It's wonderful having the entire outfit in such a small neat case.
I recently got a black III (or F) in near mint condition. It is actually
smaller than the IIIf and the shutter is smoother and quieter. I can't wait
to use it  but I have one worry. It seems to work nicely, slow speeds sound
right but I know that it has been stored away for thirty or forty years. Do
you experts out there think it is safe to use now or should I have it CLA'd
first? It looks so nice that I'd hate to ruin it.
One other question. The meter with my IIIf works erratically. Is there
anyplace to get it repaired and would it be worthwhile?