Subject: Re: [Leica] Please, Post No Photos
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 1999 09:28:27 -0800

Terry wrote:

>I must disagree with your request. The joy of e-mail, in addition to its speed
>compared to snail mail, is the ability to send family, friends, and
>acquaintances cartoons and photographs with text.

Hi Terry,

With all due respect. It is my understanding from previous mail when photos
have been posted as attachments on the LUG, there have been major problems
created for many members down loading, due to the nature of how the LUG is
designed.  If it comes as an attachment apparently it blows some members
machines all to hell.

It has nothing to do with you sending cartoons or photos to friends etc,
but it is a major problem on the LUG. Other more astute and learned members
who understand computers and exactly what happens with these attached
photos can explain why it is a disaster on the LUG.  It has nothing to do
with you sending them to family and friends, only to the LUG in an attached
manner.

I get lots of photos sent to me from all over the world but they seem to
come as a seperate post. I imagine it can't be too complicated for you or
any other member wishing to show their work to be able to send photos to
the LUG, which we  want to see in any event, but not at the expense of
screwing-up family members machines.

thanks very much for your understanding in this situation.

thanks,
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant