Subject: [Leica] digital photography - the 2nd generation
From: Alexander <mediadyne@hol.gr>
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 1999 18:00:00 +0200

Hello again.

Thanks to everyone on the very helpful feedback I got for slide scanning. Yes... I finally learned what "calibration" means! :)
I put up some new slides on the site just to see the improvement. While at it, I learned a few lessons... it seems that when calibrating the colors to my monitor, the results in other user's monitors are not the same. In fact, viewing the same photos from 2 different browsers
on the same computer can give you a different look for the same picture! Ahhhh... for every solution I find double as many new problems, but such is life.

If anyone has the time and wants to have a look at the pics, I've put the link at the bottom. I still have a lot of work to achieve the desired result in scanning, I even bought a book on photoshop. Why can't everything be as simple as a Leica?

Your feedback on the results of the scans are most welcome.

Thank you again, and have a wonderful and fulfilling new year!

http://www.mediadyne.gr/photos