Subject: [Leica] Right Angle Finder (T5-like) ?
From: Gerd.Hechtfischer@t-online.de (Gerd Hechtfischer)
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 22:12:36 +-100

Dear LUG,

for shooting people and remaining unnoticed the "Rolleiflex"-way
is great. Hold the camera in front of your body, frame from above
and shoot. Yashica's T5 has a built-in right angle finder for this
purpose. With its quiet shutter, the M6 would be an ideal tool
for such shoots, could it be used with a right angle finder.
Looking through Laney's book, I found there was exactly such a finder,
called the AUFSU. It looks like a smart little gadget, came in black,
but only from 1932 to mid of WWII.
So the AUFSU is a collector's item now, and overpriced. My local
Leica collector's shop has one in its list for US$ 500 (!).
Does anyone know of similar third party, japanese or whatever
finders that are more easily available?

Regards,

Gerd