Subject: [Leica] was Musings..now do something about it!
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri, 1 Jan 1999 09:45:03 -0800

George Huczek wrote:

>There sure have been quite a few brain farts on this list over the past few
>days.  Lighten up.>>>>>>

Happy New Year George, :)

I think the problem has been a very simple case: "lack of Leicaittus cells!"

As we came to the end of the year some folks reached the bottom of the cell
tank and became testy. This cell loss created a lowering of the Leicaittus
antibiotic thought process which in turn made the brain, mouth and finger
tips malfunction in civility. :)

Now we are into the last year of the century some things can be done to
avoid the sniping, ""get a '99 project"" it'll keep you busy and you wont
have time to be bitching.

Here's one that's an interesting challenge for every LUG member and there
are "NO EXCUSES" for not doing it! Unless, like Rip van Winkle, you intend
on sleeping for the next 365 days.:)

Starting to-day, as day 1 of the New Year, take your Leica, no matter what
model, version, year or lens and swear an oath to take ___one meaningful__
picture everyday for the next 365!  This time in one year, that's not long
after you've put in 70. :) You'll have a record of the final year of the
millineum.

It can make a major exhibition for those inclined in that direction, it
might even make a book for others. However what it will be, is a visual
time capsule of your family, friends and general life during this year.

It can be something of value, it will be that for sure, as we are the Leica
time recorders of today for the historians and our families of the future.

Imagine a hundred years from now your relatives are looking at what your
life was like in the final year of the 1900's. This isn't a big deal it's
not likely going to get you notoriety, fame and monetary fortune, but you
never can tell. Can you?  At worst it'll make a wonderful family album!

It doesn't have to be in magical locations, high profile events, merely a
"life moment" record  of this very important time in history. You see we
have Leica's, they expose film, "__but only when we the recorders get our
asses in gear out the door and do something  with the camera.__"  When that
happens, all this whining, bitching, back biting wont be here as everyone
will be doing something photographically productive.

As of today we still have the 365 days to go until according to the
doomsday  folks the great Y2K monster will devour our Leica's, so move
it!:)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant