Subject: Re: [Leica] They don't make 'em like they use to; or do they?
From: "David Medley" <dmedley@whidbey.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 11:46:43 -0800

Bert,

Go for the new M-6 with passport warranty. I still use M-4's that I have
owned for 30 years along with new M-6's  and given a choice of only one - I
would go with the new M-6. The M-4's may very well slow down in another 30
years but the way I figure it, the new M-6's will take me along on the ride
for at least another 75 years <G>

Regardless of all the banter on this list and the doom & gloom people
talking about how bad the new equipment is compared to the old, I think you
will find a virgin M-6 a delightful and robust tool.

I must admit that when I put the top down ( as I did yesterday ) and go
motoring in my 25 year old English two seater.....I take along the M-4 just
to keep Maude happy and friendly. Anyone who is concerned about the Y2K
problem has just not yet experienced Dr. Lucas!

Cheers,
David Medley
Whidbey Is.   WA
USA