Subject: [Leica] They don't make 'em like they use to; or do they?
From: "Bert Collier" <collier@kootenay.net>
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 1998 09:32:32 -0800

For many years now I have been using an M-2 (quickload kit) and a variety
of lenses with much satisfaction, though possibly the critics may demur
over the results asthetically. While handheld meters hanging off the neck
drive members of the (insert your preference here) sex wild; as I get older
and more sure of my self, TTL metering is becoming more and more seductive
to me. You may have noticed that M-6s are being cleared out at firesale
prices, for Leica of course; and I was wondering if any members of this
august body would know how well the M-6 will hold up compared to my M-2
(1958, tattered but happy). Would I be better off getting a used early M-6
? They have been in production for fourteen years now and I think you would
know and tell, unlike Leica. Thank you in advance and my apologies if I
start a flame session.