Subject: [Leica] [no leica] Digital Stuff
From: Paul Schiemer <pschiemer@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 00:26:49 -0500

I guess we flogged that 'sharpness' issue pretty good.  (what a gang!!)

In the midst of it there was this 'digital photography' question
floating through.

First;  'digital photography' is the act of acquiring images with a
digital camera.
{let's keep that straight, okay?}

Digital 'manipulation' is after the fact of acquisition.

Using a scanner to import your slide or neg to the computer can be
frustrating.
It is not, however, a property of what you spend on a scanner that gets
you good scans.
I use a $400 USD scanner and get phenomenal results.
See here --->    http://users.aol.com/pschiemer/evpic.html

And the neg was still in the sleeve!!  Ha!

I could run on- waste your bandwidth as it were, BUT I'm going to do my
LUGite friends an additional favor (by not posting the info here), and
set up a web site with my scanner tips.  Just for y'all!

Gimme a day; I'll drop a note here and you can stop by at your leisure
to see how to dial in OPTIMUM performance from your set up.
[Hey, it's a tool- I'm a stickler for that detail stuff.  Don't mind
me.]

*please standby*

Oh yeah, as long as I'm at it- I'll make a page with tips on web site
building too.