Subject: Re: [Leica] SHARPNESS and the cost of achieving it.
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 18:58:06 -0700

I've been following the discussions re the cost of cameras. As I have noted
in this forum previously, the M3 given me by my  father-in-law has seen
frequent service (at least weekly) for 40 years with no down time or
problems. It cost around $450.00 (US) with a 50mm lens in 1958. Today it is
worth around $1200. I doubt that many other cameras of this age are still
functional. Was it expensive? I would answer no. Of course we can't predict
what will be happening in 2047, but I hope my heirs and assigns will still
be using the M3 and my M6, as well.
Happy new year to all.
Joe Stephenson