Subject: RE: [Leica] SHARPNESS (long)
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 11:05:31 -0500

> How to over come the "cost factor?" Well I guess they could lower the
> quality standards, that of course would be stupid as they'd loose their
> best selling point, certainly on the glass.

However, Ted, I wonder if it has ever occurred to Leica that if they lowered
the prices on the hideously and inexcusably overpriced non-glass crap
accessories - i.e., $35 rubber lens shade caps - $30-40 plastic lens caps -
etc. - it would be easier to swallow the rationalization of "quality costs
money" for the lenses and bodies - although I'm sure they could lower the
prices on the bodies some and still maintain quality.....