Subject: RE: [Leica] The 3D Efect
From: "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)" <peterk@lucent.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 09:43:02 -0800

I will try to explain as best I can.  With the rangefinder, when you focus
or achieve the rangefinding point, you have the subject with depth of field
front and back.  Even if you focus on a person's nose, the actual middle
point may be his/her eyes giving you depth in front and back.  This adds to
the so-called "dimensionality."  The real expert on this is Bill Maxwell.
He knows optics and Leica M's better than anyone I know, including many at
Leica.  I will ask if there is a better way to explain this.

Peter K