Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Minilux
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 06:34:13 +0000

At 09:04 PM 12/27/98 -0800, you wrote:
>> The lenscap is part of the body and slides over the lens when it retracts
>> after switching off the camera.
>
>Then there must be more than one version of this camera, because my
>mother's has no such feature. Has the name "Minilux" been re-used for more
>than one model of camera? Or perhaps I am misremembering the name of the
>model.

The Leica Minilux is a metal-bodied camera with two concentric rotary
controls for [1] selecting program exposure or setting a specific aperture
and [2] for selecting either autofocus or a manually set distance. The
Leica Mini (in its three incarnations) is a relatively conventional Af
point-and-shoot camera with I believe a plastic body and no lens cover. It
has no manual controls for aperture or distance.

Joe Berenbaum