Subject: Re: [Leica] To the LUG Family!
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 11:22:50 -0300

At 08:55 PM 26/12/98 -0800, you wrote:
>To the LUG Family.
>
>Your wonderful responses to my good fortune of being nominated for the
>CAPIC Life Time Achievement Award, has, to say the least, humbled me beyond
>words. Quite frankly, they brought a tear or two.

        Ted, some friends at CAPIC has been after me to join for a number of
years now and I have always politely declined.  BUT!!!  now that I see they
have the good sense (and taste) to nominate you for this award I may have to
reconsider.

        Any organization that has the smarts to recognized your contribution
to Canada's photographic wealth has to be OK.

        While most here will only know you from our family "discussions", we
Canadians (even a Newfoundlander like me) are certainly proud to claim you
as one of our own and knowing that your work will be a part of the lasting
visual history of Canada, it is truly appropriate that you receive this award.

best regards and have a great holiday with your family,
Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
<http://www.straylight.ca/locke/>
"I've finally figured out what's wrong with photography.
It's a one-eyed man looking through a little 'ole.
Now, how much reality can there be in that?" -- David Hockney