Subject: Re: [Leica] R lens recommendation
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 1998 15:13:31 -0600

>  I am leaning toward the 85/1.4 because
>of the speed.

I would guess you'd be quite happy with the 80 (not 85) mm Summilux. Or the
90 Summicron. Both of them perform wonderfully wide open. I've used a 90
Summicron R for years wide open and you really can't tell it's wide open.
Top quality. Since you're doing outdoor available light, you might be able
to get along without the extra stop. I do just fine with it.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients
to plant vines. "
- - Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)