Subject: [Leica] Filter Size for Macro-Elmar/100 Len Head (Leicaflex/SL/R)
From: Kevin Leong <kevinl@ind.tansu.com.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 15:31:17 +1100

I recently bought a Macro-Elmar 100/f4 lens head (ie. it has no focusing
ring and is intended for use with the bellows) but have been unable to
determine what the filter thread size is. The thread is slightly smaller
than E55 and series VII - I've tried to fit an E55 filter and an old
Leitz SVII to E55 converter to no avail. The marking on the front ring
is "Leitz Wetzlar 2291449 Macro-Elmar 1:4/100" and the only other
markings is a "Lens made in Germany" on the same ring that the red dot
is on; on the mounting ring, someone has hand-engraved "P153."

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance,
  Kevin.