Subject: Re: [Leica] What's a good light meter?
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 08:21:06 -0700

Your desire for low light sensitivity is probably going to rule out the very
tiny Gossen Pilot and Scout or any other selenium cell meters, and your
quest for small size is likewise probably going to rule out spot/incident
meters such as that offered by Polaris. Maybe look into some of Sekonic's
small digital incident meters. I'm no fan of incident-type meters for most
landscape use though.

I'll second Walt's recommendation of the Pentax digital spotmeter: It seems
as small a spotmeter as you can buy. You can use it at night some, but
really only for highlights; it lacks the sensitivity for much more. No
problems at all with this thing, aside from this past weekend, which was one
of the coldest in years. It went dead, and the battery cover was crusted
over some with ice!

Jeff Segawa
See my photography online at
http://www.netone.com/~segawa