Subject: Re: [Leica] Sad to report
From: "Mark Hammons" <astair@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 21:00:11 -0600

Sorry about last post  ... email software did not send later part due to
embedded characters.

>Alastair:
>
>Before you send it off again, have you tried cleaning the contacts with a
>q-tip and some rubbing alcohol or a pencil eraser?  I have a winder and
>have not had this problem.
>In the case of your winder, it could be a dirty or bad contact causing the
>problem.  This is a very common problem with Motorolla cellular phones.  I
>have had different models of them over the last ten years and when they get
>into the habit of shutting themselves off, a quick clean of the battery
>contacts with a pencil eraser usally cures it until the next time they get
>dirty.

Something else you might want to try is a nylon-tipped pen to clean those
electrical contacts.  Ed Romney sells them and they seem to remove oxidation
very well.  Should do a better job than the standard pencil eraser trick.

Mark Hammons