Subject: Re: [Leica] "standard camera"
From: RBedw51767@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:41:34 EST

I think that this is the best description of the R8 that I have read.    I
have an F5 and an R8 and I can tell you that I would rather use the R8 because
it feels better, the controls are simple but accurate, the viewfinder is
bright and easy to focus.  I find the F5 has too many buttons, knobs, doors,
windows, wheels, arms and "pop-ups" for me to fall in love with.  However, I
do use it more often than the R8 because of  auto-focus and speed.

Bob Bedwell

<< >So, at the end of the day, the Leica R is not the most productive
 >picture taking 35mm SLR outfit available. But I can guarantee you it is
 >the one that feels the best and gives the best user interface I ever
 >tried. It pushes you to shoot, because it makes you want to use it. On
 >that level it certainly makes a difference.

 Very well said Alan!

 Pascal >>