Subject: Re: [Leica]built-in motor
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 09:24:04 EST

The problem with the older add-on motor drives (like the MD4 for the F3)
is noise.  Using them for wildlife almost guarntees one either a
straight-on headshot or a vanished subject.  The built-in drive in the
F4s or F5 (even when not on the "silent" mode) is eversomuch quieter.
The F4's high-speed drive was removable (with a built-in slow-speed
remaining) but with it and other heavy "fat body" cameras such as the
R8...without the motorwinder the body is just short enough so that my 4th
finger ends up below the bottom plate and I end up with a cramp in my
hand.   This was never a problem with the earlier, smaller bodies such as
the F3 (or the R7, 5, etc. which I've borrowed on occasion).

Regards,
Nigel

On Wed, 23 Dec 1998 12:16 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton) writes:
>Eric Welch wrote:
>>
>> I don't want a built-in motor.
>
>Amen to that. One of the reasons I stuck with the N**** F3 was the
>ability
>to use it with or without the motor.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]