Subject: RE: [Leica] Happy-Snaps
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 18:29:26 -0800

Buzz wrote:
<<< Your comment implies that you take pictures which are art and that the
millions of people who take pictures of "people and stuff" do not. While I
agree that the vast majority of photographs taken by the general population
are not "art" and weren't intended as "art,"  I respectfully disagree with
this distinction.  I have taken pictures which some people consider
artistic in the least likely places; my kids' birthday parties, for
instance.  I think that the "happy-snaps" distinction is spurious and too
often used with derogatory intent.>>

Buzz old buddy,

Only in your mind! "Happy Snaps" means exactly what it has always been used
for...."fun happy things, family, your kids, mine and grandkids, the
flowers in the garden and whatever other life things that make one happy
and feel good!"

Unfortunately some folks have a twisted sort of perspective on life and a
somewhat negative attitude of many things. Think positive has no meaning!

But if you find "Happy Snaps" a negative reference to photography, so be
it! But just maybe you should take life a little less serious and find
"Happy" means something other than whatever it is you have in your mind
that doesn't understand the meaning of "Happy Snaps!" As all the rest of
the gang understand what it means to the fullest. Do it and enjoy "Happy
Snapping!"

have a nice day,
ted

Ted Grant