Subject: [Leica] Happy-Snaps
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:27:08 -0800

The connotation you hold in your mind is what you make of it. It is not
everyone else's view. I make fine art photographs and publish books which
are of my photography. These clearly are not "Happy-Snaps", But when I
carried my M6 to our Christmas party (last week), 35/1.4 ASPH, 800 film,
and took pictures of people and stuff... these are indeed "Happy-Snaps." My
wife only takes "Happy-Snaps." As do millions of other people. So you can
hold a derogatory image of "Happy-Snaps" in your mind if you wish. I don't.
And I will continue to use the term since, as coined by Ted, "Happy-Snaps"
means exactly what it says.

Jim