Subject: [Leica] Question#2: M6 markings
From: Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 15:10:12 -0300

        Has anyone ever seen an M6 that only had the letters "M6" stamped on
the front of the top plate to the left of the red dot?
        ...as opposed to the usual "LEICA M6".

Ser# 1741XXXXX  Has "LEICA GMBH GERMANY" on back of top plate.

The only place I have seen this on a cutaway illustration in their brochures.

Anybody know the approx age and origin of this body?

cheers,

Greg Locke <locke@straylight.ca>
St. John's, Newfoundland.
<http://www.straylight.ca/locke/>
"I've finally figured out what's wrong with photography.
It's a one-eyed man looking through a little 'ole.
Now, how much reality can there be in that?" -- David Hockney