Subject: [Leica] Re: please help...19 or 24?
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 12:25:35 -0800

The old 19 and current 24 are, in my estimation, equal in performance. I've
had both. The performance of my 24, over the years, has been exemplary. The
19 was stolen, I still have the 24. The new 19, however, is a new optical
design, extremely good according to reports, but no filter threads. They
could have designed the lens to accept 67EW or 77EW filters. But Leica
chose to do your thinking for you.

Jim