Subject: [Leica] Elmar-M 2.8/50
From: Phillip Burger <pburger@amazon.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 23:09:51 -0800

Does anybody have any experience shooting with the Elmar-M 2.8/50
collapsible?  I've been subscribed for about a month and have only seen
it referenced a few times . . . most recently as 50 companion to Nocti.
Any comments on image quality stopped down and open?

Notwithstanding the 2.8,  I think this would be a good lens for
travellers and others that need to move light. . . and conveniently
store the M and Elmar in a pocket.  I've read on a Leica M-lens tech
review link that it's decent and respectable.  Any user comments on what
Elmar-M 50 images on film are like compared to the more familiar 50
siblings?  How about practical matters like grime mucking up the barrel
and focusing ease, and how quick you can "un-collapse" it?