Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodachrome- Scmodochrome!
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 20:28:16 -0800

Dan Post wrote:

>Here again is a case of different strokes for different folks.
>Any others out there with the same feeling? Or am alone out here in the
>O-zone?>>>>>>

Hi Dan,

You've hit the whole conversation on the head.... "different strokes for
different folks"

Any time there is a discussion on the merits of colour film, colour
saturation etc. it really comes down to, what you said. Each person's eyes
see colour somewhat differently, some like the cool look, others the warm
look and no one film is really better than an other.

Basically today they are all very close, certainly E6 films, but they are
judged  by the likes and dislikes of each photographer. Kodachrome is
different, not only in how it records colours, but it's the be all to end
all for some photographers.

Personally, when it comes to E6 films I like Kodak E100SW, now that's my
personal preference. Others may gag, that's there choice. I used to shoot
hundreds of rolls of kodachroem but as it became longer return time from
processing and E6 emulsions improved I stopped using K64 completely. All I
require is the film of my choice gives me the acceptable images I require
and I'm pleased with, it may not be anothers liking.

I find these film discussiona almost time wasting as it is impossible to
satisfy everyone in the good, bad and ugly of colour films.

It's really to each his own! :)

<<<< Or am alone out here in the O-zone?>>>>>>

And no you're not alone! :)
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant