Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Re: KINOPTIC lenses
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 12:47:36 -0600

>Current Nikon lenses are all multicoated, I do not know about Zeiss. I do
>not believe that increase of non-image-forming light scattered around
>inside a lens would improve its performance. If you can cite a text, I may
>change my beliefs.

Read Nikon's literature. They make it very clear that multicoating every
lens the same does not work. Your conclusion that one layer in some areas
causes light to scatter around is incorrect.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"Call me a bigot but I think all racists are inferior."