Subject: Re: [Leica] EverColor Luminage/Red Dots in Emeryville
From: "JeffS" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 23:22:09 -0700

I would've loved to be at Mountain Light for the show opening! Would be very
curious to see how the current digital prints render the subtle gradations
of color found in clear skies and the like.

For what it's worth, I just got back from CompUSA and was taken by the black
and white sample printout from the 5000-series Alps Microdry dye-sub
printer. Even at close range, it looked like it had fine-art potential-this,
from a $600 printer! Cost of feeding it is still a big question mark--it
takes 7 dye cartridges, each costing around $8 and good for
I-don't-know-how-many 8x10 prints. From what I could see, the color
printouts were good too, but it was the black-and-white which blew me away!

Jeff Segawa
See my photography online at
http://www.netone.com/~segawa