Subject: Re: [Leica] My 135 Apo Telyt doesn't like my M3!!!
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 15:58:12 EST

I don't follow this logic.   In that Nathan's initial results with the
135 were good, and he said his other lenses are still fine on the M3, my
first suspicion would be that the lens' collimation has somehow slipped.
It will be interesting to follow this chain of events.  I feel empathy
for Nathan having paid a princely sum for this lens and now experiencing
aggravation with it.
On a similar note, are there any US LUG'ers who've purchased "gray
market" Leicas and needed service?  Has the US Leica agency performed
repairs or refused to?  If so, how was service obtained?

Regards,
Nigel

On Sat, 12 Dec 1998 15:18:22 -0500 Marc James Small
<msmall@roanoke.infi.net> writes:
>Nathan
>
>I think the problem might be in your M3 body.  My 3.4/135 gives me
>identical readings on my M3 and M6, and I checked this with a number
>of
>other lenses as well.  All seems in order.
>
>If the lens registers properly on your M6 body but not on your M3,
>then the
>problem is more likely with the M3 body.
>
>Marc
>
>msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
>Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]