Subject: Re: [Leica] R Gear FS New prices
From: "John McLeod" <johnmcleod@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:36:40 +0000

Harrison,

I may be interested in your 50/2.  I assume it doesn't have the ROM
contacts.  The only concern I have is the sharpness at 2.0.  I've tested a
few Leica 50's in the past that weren't too good wide open (Canon and Nikons
I've seen have been better).  I know I've asked you this before, but do you
know how this lens performs in the center of the image area wide open?  I
really want a 1.4, but they're much more expensive.  So if the 2.0 is sharp
wide open, at least in the center, I may have a use for the lens, since I do
a lot of low light, wide aperture shooting.

Sorry to bug you with these details, and I'm not altogether sure I want/need
this lens, but it's certainly a possibility, depending on it's wide open
performance.  Thanks.

John