Subject: Re: [Leica] Humber Super Snipe
From: Mike Dembinski <mdembin@it.com.pl>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 09:12:29 +0100

Gerry Walden wrote:

> The Humber Super Snipe is a dream of a car from the late 50's/early 60's.
> Sadly they have disappeared from our roads now but as a teenager I used to
> dream of such things - all leather and luxury, not too far short of a Rolls
> Royce.   Humber cars later (eventually) became part of Chrysler through very
> take-overs but the name had long since disappeared.

Not forgetting the top-of-the-range Humber Imperial (vinyl roof, extra
super-duper appointments within to keep the most demanding plutocrat in utter
comfort) nor the Humber Hawk, a stripped down version of the Super Snipe. Until
recently here in Warsaw there were a couple driving around - leftovers from the
British Embassy's car fleet, I guess.