Subject: [Leica] 1.4 Extender
From: Wolfgang Hoffmann <Wolfgang@facstaff.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 16:42:21 +0100

Hi,

Sorry, Nigel,  you can't use the 1.4 APO Extender on the 100APO, nor the
135mm.  In fact there aren't  enough lenses to make the 1.4APO Extender
worthwhile.  This is a great opportunity for Leica to make shorter lenses
compatible with the 1.4.

Ben,
The tests show superior image quality of the 80-200.  I've tried one out,
but still don't like the darker focussing screen.  Still, for travelling,
and considering my back, I'll be getting one next week.  In the meantime,
the 70-180 APOwill guarantee top quality images whenever needed, even at
2.8.  And -- don't ever think of selling a 100APO unless your spouse
threatens you seriously.
http://www.photodo.com/lens/
This shows how great the 80-200 is.

Wolfgang