Subject: RE: RE: [Leica] Intimacy with long lenses....
From: Jeffrey Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 07:56:01 -0500

One difference for me is that I can spend endless time studying a still
photograph in a book, in the newspaper, or wherever.  The image becomes
engraved in my mind.  With moving images, even since the advent of home
video, I rarely have or take the opportunity to loop a moving image and view
it over and over to the same effect.

I still believe that there is a special power that attends still images
which cannot be reproduced in moving images.

	Buzz