Subject: [Leica] was long intimacy--now stills-video
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 21:52:07 -0800

Eric wrote:

>But the still photo tends to be the one that ends up in our collective
>memory of many events. >>>>>>

Eric,
That's true and that's what makes stills of much greater impact than TV or
movies.

At the time of seeing it on TV one can be blown away with what they are
watching.  However, the same situation captured locked down still forever
never to change, burns it's "impact value" into our memories much greater
than the moving image.

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant