Subject: [Leica] Re: Solutions please to R3 MOT mysteries
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 18:33:47 -0500

>1) There's a prong under the wind-on lever marked 'WR'. It appears to have
>three positions - large dot, small dot, and none at all. What does it do?

My R3, non MOT has a two position prong. When one dot is visible the camera
winds normally, when two are showing it double exposes.

>2) There's what looks like a red LED set into the left hand end of the
>camera (i.e. on the same side as the rewind knob). Is this something to do
>with the battery check? Any anyway how do I check the battery?

The LED is the battery check indicator. It lights when the ISO index arrow
is depressed.

>3) In the viewfinder I can only see the bottom half of the apertures on the
>50/2 Summicron. Is this normal - seems that they're read directly off the
>lens ring?

No. Check to see if the window on the underside of the prism front overhang
is clean. If it is there may be some damage inside.

BTW: I find the R3 to be an excellent camera. It offers all the modes I
need and I prefer analog readouts for meters. My shooter is a well dented
and brassed Safari model. My wife recently bought me another, but it new,
in the box, and I'm almost afraid to use it.

Cheers!

kw

- ----
Ken Wilcox                             Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LHSA, MEA, LAW                      preferred---> <wilcox@mail.tir.com>
                                                     <kwilcox@gfn.org>