Subject: [Leica] Solutions please to R3 MOT mysteries
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 14:39:02 +0000

Hi again LUGnuts

Having had a happy lunch-hour getting to know my 'new' R3 MOT, I have few
minor questions:

1) There's a prong under the wind-on lever marked 'WR'. It appears to have
three positions - large dot, small dot, and none at all. What does it do?

2) There's what looks like a red LED set into the left hand end of the
camera (i.e. on the same side as the rewind knob). Is this something to do
with the battery check? Any anyway how do I check the battery?

3) In the viewfinder I can only see the bottom half of the apertures on the
50/2 Summicron. Is this normal - seems that they're read directly off the
lens ring?

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the R3 MOT was rather more
reliable than the standard R3 - anyone got chapter and verse on this?

TIA for your collective wisdom.

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst