Subject: Re: [Leica] your opinion about G2
From: n.b.watson@juno.com (Nigel B Watson)
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 14:18:59 EST

 If the precision is lost in the lensmount, the performance of the lens
will suffer.  That should not be a difficult concept to accept. I say
this as a Nikon owner:  I *only* own a few AF lenses, and only those with
metal barrels and internal focussing.  Most of my Nikkors are the manual
versions.  Even they are not as solid and precise as Leica R lenses
unless periodically re-lubed to compensate for wear.  With hard use Nikon
lenses wear out; I have never seen even a beaten-up Leica lens whose
helicoid was loose and sloppy.

Regards,
Nigel

On Mon, 7 Dec 1998 08:42:35 -0800  "Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter)"
<peterk@lucent.com> writes:
>Hi Alan,
>
>I disagree. Please tell me how the construction of a lens adds to the
>actual
>photographic quality of an image.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]