Subject: Re: [Leica] Accessories for photobug
From: Ron & Beelian Miller <rkmiller001@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 08:34:34 -0800

Thanks Roy!

I never knew such a beauty existed until I stumbled upon it while
looking for the guillotine type cutter. It didnt hurt, but sure made my
neck sore when I did a 180 degree turn to inspect it closer.

BTW i do have a Logan mat cutter #301 and use it for matting boards. I
thought I could some $ and use this for print trimming.  Any drawbacks
doing it this way instead of Rotatrim?

There is a special deal of $130 for the Rotatrim Monorail 26. A $100
less than the Mastercut II #24.  Salesperson said the monorail is a
little stiff and less sturdy for accurate cuts than the Mastercut II
double rail design. True or false?

Looks like I need a bigger stocking!
Bee Lian

"Roy Zartarian" <royzart@connix.com> wrote on Sun, 6 Dec 1998 18:51:11
+0000:

I can comment from experience on one of the items.  I've had the
Rotatrim Mastercut II for about two years now and think it's
absolutely fantastic especially for precise cuts on fiber-base paper.
Now it will not cut mat board.  If that is a concern for you, you'll
need another stocking for the guillotine type of cutter or for one of
the Logan tools.

As for me, I'm kind of hoping that Santa will leave one of Tom A's
black rapidwinders in my stocking as a change from the traditional coal
and twigs.

Roy