Subject: Re: [Leica] Accessories for photobug
From: Ron & Beelian Miller <rkmiller001@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 08:20:38 -0800

Nathan,

Thanks for guiding me to recent archives and providing a good idea on
some of the goods.  I will certainly search for the loupe thread!

1) Tell me, is it worth it to pay that much for that Schneider loupe?
What else do you use it for, other than viewing negatives, slides and
contact sheets? (OK, someone will flame me for thinking such heresy when
it comes to Leica images!!)

2) Yes, I have been eyeing the Cabin 4x5 size. Compared it to the Visual
Plus (roughly 4x5 viewing area). Cabin may be more expensive, but may be
worth it as the illumination is noticeably brighter then Visual Plus.
Does the Cabin eat up batteries like crazy? I know I spend much time
inspecting my neg & contacts.

3) Where can I get this plastic joining ring that keeps two lenses
together? Heh, heh ... I'm planning to get a short tele!

You see! I would not have known about the detachable end pocket system!
Where can I buy this? B&H doesn't list this "end-pocket" item?
Does the Alice bag have a top zip for the main compartment?
And for ease of cleaning, can i toss it in the washer & dryer? Detergent
too?

I suppose my research was not as thorough as it should be. I am too much
in a hurry and wanted to decide soon before the holiday madness affects
UPS or Fed Ex service!  ;-)

Thanks ever so much!
Bee Lian

(BTW i'm the M6 user in the family, while Ron plays with the P/S Elph
zoom)