Subject: [Leica] Re:Olympus & all
From: Mikael von Numers <mnumers@abo.fi>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 11:50:59 -0800

>Mikael,
I read your post on the Summicron & Zuiko 50mm lenses.  I have two
questions:
1) How does one register to the Olympus list?
2)To your knowledge is there an attachment ring that permits mounting
Zuiko
lenses on Leica-R and vice versa?
Regards,

Francois Brunelle
>Ashburn VA

1) You can find information on how to register to the Olympus list from:
http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright/olympuslist.shtml

The Olympus list is very informative and active. The cause of the
similarity with the LUG is apparent: the Oly list discusses cameras and
lenses of almost the same quality as Leicas. Mr. Maitani, the chief
designer of Olympus, was an admirer of the Leica M and obviously tried
to reach the same high quality in the OM-cameras.

2) I remember seeing a picture of a OM camera with a Leica R lens
mounted, but I do not know if there are any attachmentrings available.

regards,
Mikael