Subject: Re: [Leica] Wrist Straps
From: Dominique PELLISSIER <pelliss@droit-eco.univ-nancy2.fr>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 16:31:09 +0100

At 22:28 05/12/98 -0800, Bill Cassing wrote:
Since I posted my questions, and especially after reading some of the

1.  I'm still not sure whether the 14406 strap is attached to the case or
attached to the camera (maybe through an opening in the case).
Bill Cassing

##########
 I wrote a msg at 17:44 05/12/98. Have you read it ? You had the answer !!!.
See below a copy.

I would appreciate clarification on the discussion regarding the Leica
wrist strap (14406).I checked with my dealer.  They showed me the price
list.  It shows the
wrist strap as a part for a soft case; I have forgotten the number, but it
is the case designed for an M4 or M6 with a collapsing lens.Does the strap
attach to the case or does it attach to the camera?  If it attaches to the
camera, does it attach to the strap lugs or to the tripod socket?  How well
does it work with the M grip?
I'm toying with the idea of making a strap which attaches to the lugs
(maximum security), but is short enough and configured in such a way as to
act primarily as a wrist strap?  I'll use a spare strap and either Leica or
Nikon clips (to minimize friction between the strap, clips and camera
body.I've noticed that the Leica strap is about 11 mm wide.  I have other
straps from 8 - 15 mm.  Any comments on the best width to use for a WRIST
strap? If I can make a decent strap, I'll post the results here.  If it's a
flop,
>I'll just crawl away quietly.
>
>Bill Cassing

#############
1)Does the strap attach to the case or does it attach to the camera?  To
the camera.
2)If it attaches to the camera, does it attach to the strap lugs or to the
tripod socket?  To the strap lugs.
3)How well does it work with the M grip? Very, very well indeed. An ideal
combi.

2 years ago I wrote to Leica : "I don't like your neck strap. Too
cumbersome in a bag among other cameras with neck straps; too
"professional" when I use it around the neck.I want a wrist strap. See
Ralph Gibson (L'histoire de France, p.117) ; see Nikon and see your own
model TROOV".
They reply : "No, impossible. Because the wrist strap doesn't work with
heavy lenses".Heavy lenses on a Leica M ? Sacrebleu ! (=dammit).

And now, here's the Leica wrist strap I dreamed of...for 130 francs.

Dominique Pellissier