Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Meter for M3
From: "Roger L. Bunting" <rlbunting@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 20:29:38 -0600

I've used the Sekonic Studio Deluxe for almost as long as Jim. A bullet
proof device, however I've found it not to be very useable at the low
light end (e.g. indoor available light) that's why I went to the more
sensitive 308. I used to use the Studio with all my "auto" bodies
because I found the incident features to be very useful. Now with the
308 and it easy to use reflected, flash and incident modes, the Studio
has been retired. The 408 has many more features than the 308 including
an analog scale and at least two remembered readings that I lust after,
but if size is important the 308 should be considered.

I think I posted ealier on a similar thread and misrepresented the
Studio Meter, giving it a number in the digital meter models. Sorry for
the confusion. Jim is correct. The Sekonic Studio Deluxe is a great
meter, however for practical low light (bordering on tripod use) I found
the Studio to be lacking on the low end.

Regards,

Roger