Subject: Re: Talking Southern (was: Re: [Leica] gummint ? [Re: Urgent: Long Distance Charge for Internet?])
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 18:08:06 -0500

Howard-
To keep this at least partly topical- yes regionalism are dying out. I think
they arose because of the insular quality of small town life, even well into
the 20th century. With the advent of TV, and the internet, people seem to
talk alike, dress alike, and think alike. It's like a great leveler. I only
hope that some of us are able to capture the slices of time where we can SEE
the differences before they are gone and we are a homogenous, mass with one
voice and one face.
Fortunately, on the LUG we have such a diverse collection, that I pray we
all don't get assimilated into the mass culture too soon... If anybody
suddenly feels like buying a Nikon or Olympus stylus- call quickly, and a
LUGger will come sit with you until that feeling goes away!
Dan
dwpost@msn.com