Subject: Re: [Leica] "Off-topic": 4x5 view camera
From: Mark Walberg <Walberg@simmons.swmed.edu>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 09:10:27 -0600

Hello Oddmund,  If you are interested in building a view camera, you must
go look at the web site of Jon Grepstad in Norway.  He has LOTS of great
information about building and using view cameras.  He has written a book
with detailed instructions about how to build a view camera from scratch.
The book is well written - I've read it.  You can get a copy from him for
around $30.00.  If you do it from scratch, you can put as much or as little
time as you like  into the way it looks, concentrating on making it work
the way you'd like.  You could also keep the price low.  Also, you can make
it whatever size you want.
   On the other hand, if you are looking for something you can carry
around, and use without a tripod once in a while, you can't get any cheaper
than a $150 Crown Graphic, which would be ready to shoot right from the
start.

Take a look at Jon Grepstad's site if you can:
http://home.sol.no/~gjon/

Mark Walberg